B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

25 Things in 2011

This year instead of a New Years resolution, I decided to come up with a list of primarily simple goals I'd like to accomplish before the year is out. Here they are.

25 things I will accomplish this year 
  1. Take a Yoga Class at the gym
  2. Learn to swim
  3. Bake Petit Fours
  4. Learn how to use fondant/Modeling Chocolate
  5. Submit a film into a film festival
  6. Learn to knit
  7. Do cornrows in someones hair
  8. Shop at the local farmers market
  9. Audition for a musical
  10. Have a lemonade stand
  11. Do something crazy (or just very different) with my hair
  12. Paint a set of 8 dishes at Hands On Ceramics 
  13. Go to Arkansas
  14. Bowl a 200 (real bowling, not on the Wii)
  15. Learn to sew 
  16. Sew a dress for Lilly
  17. Shop and eat at more local places I’ve never been to
  18. Ride a horse and not be scared (and not fall off and suffer a fatal head injury… no, stop it, Sara, I said I wouldn’t be scared!)
  19. Take a craft or cake decorating class
  20. Take a cooking class
  21. Try Sushi
  22. Ride my Bike to work
  23. Plan a big surprise for someone!
  24. Tie Dye some stuff
  25. Make pop rocks cupcakes
So far, of this list, I have accomplished 3 of my goals! The first being number 5. "Submit A Film Into A Film Festival". I made a short film for the True/False Film Festival's "Gimme Truth" competition about a fictional musical chairs team. Not only did I submit, but my film got in and I won second place in the competition! Each film is a 2-minute-or-less profile of a Missourian that is 100% true or 100% false. Then there are three judges who guess if your submission is true or false.

The next goal I accomplished is 9. "Audition For A Musical". I auditioned for a local production of "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee". I actually got a  callback! I am so proud of myself for just getting up there and doing it. I was SO nervous, but I just told myself that not doing it was not an option. I didn't get the part, but I am not even the least bit disappointed. I was by far the least experienced one there. The dance part of the audition was a nightmare! I was terrible!!! I was not doing the same thing as everyone else, I couldn't keep up and I even made up stuff that wasn't part of the routine as I went because I couldn't do the steps the choreographer had showed us. I just kept on going with a smile on my face. When the director called to let me know I hadn't gotten the part, she said the choreographer thought I did a wonderful job in the dance audition. I asked her if she was sure she had the right person.  

The third goal I have "accomplished" is number 11. "Do Something Crazy  (Or Very Different) With My Hair". I got bangs and highlights. Definitely different, but not so crazy. 

Tonight I accomplish number 4. "Learn How To Use Fondant/Modeling Chocolate" by learning how to make and decorate cupcakes with modeling chocolate. I will learn fondant at a later date, so I guess it will only be half accomplished. I'll post pics.

Above is the short film from the T/F film Festival's Gimme Truth competition which I made with the help of Matt Davis, Ben Poland, Logan Lemmon, Andy Neitzert, Jan Neitzert, Val Davis, Monica Senecal, Rob Bartel, Elaine Martin, and Gabe Senecal.




1 comment: