B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Uno-Brow"

My mom has always told me that there is never a dull moment when I’m around.

So yesterday I went to get my eyebrows waxed. I go about every other month to have that done. This time my sister is in town so she decided to come along and get hers done too…

I went first. Actually I almost didn’t go. I said “I think I’ll just cancel” and my sister offered to pay for me so I agreed to go.

I climbed up on that table first, which is kind of difficult when the table is so high up and my legs are so darn short. I lied down and relaxed. Tanya* (*names have been changed to protect those involved. Tanya is the first name I thought of just now for some reason…) asked me what I’d like to do to my eyebrows. “Just clean them up a bit. I don’t want to take too much off.”  I said. Famous last words…

She worked on my right eyebrow first. She finished that up in about 3 or 4 minutes. Tanya moved on to my left eyebrow and plucked a little. She then applied the wax, put on that little cloth strip and ripped if off. I was looking right up at her face and her eyes suddenly got really wide. She covered her mouth with her hands and let out a little gasp!

“What? What’s wrong? Did you take too much off?” I said innocently, not really worrying. I figured she had just made them a little thinner than I had wanted.

“OH MY GOD, I’m so SORRY!”

“What? What Happened?”

“I um, I took off your entire eyebrow. I’m so sorry!” Tanya turned around and moved behind the table by my head where I couldn’t see her.

“What? Really?” I looked over at my sister whose eyes were also very wide…

This is when Tanya got the mirror. She took a deep breath before she turned it around to show me what she had done and I could see her face was red and her eyes shining with tears. She turned the mirror around and OMIGOD she really did take off my whole eyebrow! I couldn’t help it, I burst out laughing. I laughed so hard and Tanya burst into tears. I had to assure her I was not laughing at her, but just the whole situation and the fact that I looked pretty darn ridiculous. I kept telling her not to worry, it’s not a big deal because I have bangs. She said that it WAS a big deal. In her 8 years as an esthetician she said this had never happened to her. Judging by her reaction I’d say she was telling the truth. My sister and I were laughing so hard. Tanya drew my eyebrow back on for me. I tried not to laugh too much while she did that, but that task proved virtually impossible. She also gave me this little bottle of stuff for free called Revitabrow. It cost over $100 and is supposed to regenerate eyebrow growth or something. Tanya asked my sister “Do you still want to get your eyebrows done?” My sister blurted out “No thank you!”. I again, through my laughter, reassured her its ok, and not to worry.

We left the building quickly and bust out the door. As soon as the door closed behind us we burst out laughing even harder than before. I laughed so hard on the way home there were tears streaming down my face and I could barely see the road in front of me. I can’t remember the last time I laughed that hard.

Ilyssa said she couldn’t believe how well I handled that. She said she would have cried, as did everyone else I’ve told this story to. Some said they wouldn’t have been as nice. Sure I only have one eyebrow now, but this was a very unlikely situation. I will not tell you the name of the place that did it. They are very good at what they do and I would never want to take away any potential business from them because of one little mistake. And yes, I will go back there. It might be a while though since I’ll have to grow my left eyebrow back first.

Almost 24 hours later and I’m still laughing.

And that is how I lost my left eyebrow (Or as Andy likes to call it, my “Uno-Brow”) and became a horribly disfigured freak.  


It is "Uno-Brow" (pronounced Uno like the game or the Italian number one), meaning "one-brow" not Uni-brow which sounds more like two eyebrows have "united" to create one big brow. "Uno-Brow". Lets get it added to the dictionary!
Below: Chalk Drawing At Tasti D Lite



1 comment:

  1. I think it looks cool. Like a scar from a lion attack.

    ReplyDelete